English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Channel'
- a way of selling a company''s product either directly or via distributors; "possible distribution Channels are wholesalers or small retailers or retail chains or direct mailers or your own stores"
- a passage for water (or other fluids) to flow through; "the fields were crossed with irrigation Channels"; "gutters carried off the rainwater into a series of Channels under the street"
- a television station and its programs; "a satellite TV Channel"; "surfing through the Channels"; "they offer more than one hundred Channels"
- a bodily passage or tube lined with epithelial cells and conveying a secretion or other substance; "the tear duct was obstructed"; "the alimentary canal"; "poison is released through a Channel in the snake''s fangs"
- a path over which electrical signals can pass; "a Channel is typically what you rent from a telephone company"
- (often plural) a means of communication or access; "it must go through official Channels"; "lines of communication were set up between the two firms"
- a deep and relatively narrow body of water (as in a river or a harbor or a strait linking two larger bodies) that allows the best passage for vessels; "the ship went aground in the Channel"
- a long narrow furrow cut either by a natural process (such as erosion) or by a tool (as e.g. a groove in a phonograph record)
- send from one person or place to another; "transmit a message"
- direct the flow of; "Channel infomartion towards a broad audience"
- transmit or serve as the medium for transmission; "Sound carries well over water"; "The airwaves carry the sound"; "Many metals conduct heat"
'Channel' in other languages
Get definition of Channel, Get synonyms of Channel and translate.Channel in Tamil | Channel in English | Channel in Arabic | Channel in Dutch | Channel in French | Channel in German | Channel in Greek | Channel in Hindi | Channel in Italian | Channel in Japanese | Channel in Korean | Channel in Malay | Channel in Norwegian | Channel in Portuguese | Channel in Russian | Channel in Spanish | Channel in Swedish | Channel in Chinese | Channel in Indonesian | Channel in Urdu | Channel in Bengali | Channel in Thai |
Channel - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Channel from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.