English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Change'
- the action of changing something; "the Change of government had no impact on the economy"; "his Change on abortion cost him the election"
- a different or fresh set of clothes; "she brought a Change in her overnight bag"
- a thing that is different; "he inspected several Changes before selecting one"
- a difference that is usually pleasant; "he goes to France for variety"; "it is a refreshing Change to meet a woman mechanic"
- an event that occurs when something passes from one state or phase to another; "the Change was intended to increase sales"; "this storm is certainly a Change for the worse"; "the neighborhood had undergone few modifications since his last visit years ago"
- the result of alteration or modification; "there were marked Changes in the lining of the lungs"; "there had been no Change in the mountains"
- money received in return for its equivalent in a larger denomination or a different currency; "he got Change for a twenty and used it to pay the taxi driver"
- the balance of money received when the amount you tender is greater than the amount due; "I paid with a twenty and pocketed the Change"
- coins of small denomination regarded collectively; "he had a pocketful of Change"
- a relational difference between states; especially between states before and after some event; "he attributed the Change to their marriage"
- undergo a Change; become different in essence; losing one''s or its original nature; "She Changed completely as she grew older"; "The weather Changed last night"
- make or become different in some particular way, without permanently losing one''s or its former characteristics or essence; "her mood Changes in accordance with the weather"; "The supermarket''s selection of vegetables varies according to the season"
- cause to Change; make different; cause a transformation; "The advent of the automobile may have altered the growth pattern of the city"; "The discussion has Changed my thinking about the issue"
- exChange or replace with another, usually of the same kind or category; "Could you convert my dollars into pounds?"; "He Changed his name"; "convert centimeters into inches"; "convert holdings into shares"
- remove or replace the coverings of; "Father had to learn how to Change the baby"; "After each guest we Changed the bed linens"
- Change clothes; put on different clothes; "Change before you go to the opera"
- lay aside, abandon, or leave for another; "switch to a different brand of beer"; "She switched psychiatrists"; "The car Changed lanes"
- become deeper in tone; "His voice began to Change when he was 12 years old"; "Her voice deepened when she whispered the password"
- Change from one vehicle or transportation line to another; "She Changed in Chicago on her way to the East coast"
- give to, and receive from, one another; "Would you Change places with me?"; "We have been exchanging letters for a year"
'Change' in other languages
Get definition of Change, Get synonyms of Change and translate.Change in Tamil | Change in English | Change in Arabic | Change in Dutch | Change in French | Change in German | Change in Greek | Change in Hindi | Change in Italian | Change in Japanese | Change in Korean | Change in Malay | Change in Norwegian | Change in Portuguese | Change in Russian | Change in Spanish | Change in Swedish | Change in Chinese | Change in Indonesian | Change in Urdu | Change in Bengali | Change in Thai |
Change - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Change from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.