English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Character'
- the inherent complex of attributes that determine a persons moral and ethical actions and reactions; "education has for its object the formation of Character"- Herbert Spencer
- a Characteristic property that defines the apparent individual nature of something; "each town has a quality all its own"; "the radical Character of our demands"
- an actor''s portrayal of someone in a play; "she played the part of Desdemona"
- a formal recommendation by a former employer to a potential future employer describing the person''s qualifications and dependability; "requests for Character references are all to often answered evasively"
- a written symbol that is used to represent speech; "the Greek alphabet has 24 Characters"
- an imaginary person represented in a work of fiction (play or film or story); "she is the main Character in the novel"
- a person of a specified kind (usually with many eccentricities); "a real Character"; "a strange Character"; "a friendly eccentric"; "the capable type"; "a mental case"
- good repute; "he is a man of Character"
- engrave or inscribe Characters on
'Character' in other languages
Get definition of Character, Get synonyms of Character and translate.Character in Tamil | Character in English | Character in Arabic | Character in Dutch | Character in French | Character in German | Character in Greek | Character in Hindi | Character in Italian | Character in Japanese | Character in Korean | Character in Malay | Character in Norwegian | Character in Portuguese | Character in Russian | Character in Spanish | Character in Swedish | Character in Chinese | Character in Indonesian | Character in Urdu | Character in Bengali | Character in Thai |
Character - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Character from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.