English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Wind'
- the act of Winding or twisting; "he put the key in the old clock and gave it a good Wind"
- breath; "the collision knocked the Wind out of him"
- a reflex that expels intestinal gas through the anus
- a musical instrument in which the sound is produced by an enclosed column of air that is moved by the breath
- an indication of potential opportunity; "he got a tip on the stock market"; "a good lead for a job"
- empty rhetoric or insincere or exaggerated talk; "that''s a lot of Wind"; "don''t give me any of that jazz"
- a tendency or force that influences events; "the Winds of change"
- air moving (sometimes with considerable force) from an area of high pressure to an area of low pressure; "trees bent under the fierce Winds"; "when there is no Wind, row"; "the radioactivity was being swept upwards by the air current and out into the atmo
- raise or haul up with or as if with mechanical help; "hoist the bicycle onto the roof of the car"
- form into a wreath
- coil the spring of (some mechanical device) by turning a stem; "Wind your watch"
- wrap or coil around; "roll your hair around your finger"; "Twine the thread around the spool"
- to move or cause to move in a sinuous, spiral, or circular course; "the river Winds through the hills"; "the path meanders through the vineyards"; "sometimes, the gout wanders through the entire body"
- catch the scent of; get Wind of; "The dog nosed out the drugs"
- extend in curves and turns; "The road Winds around the lake"
'Wind' in other languages
Get definition of Wind, Get synonyms of Wind and translate.Wind in Tamil | Wind in English | Wind in Arabic | Wind in Dutch | Wind in French | Wind in German | Wind in Greek | Wind in Hindi | Wind in Italian | Wind in Japanese | Wind in Korean | Wind in Malay | Wind in Norwegian | Wind in Portuguese | Wind in Russian | Wind in Spanish | Wind in Swedish | Wind in Chinese | Wind in Indonesian | Wind in Urdu | Wind in Bengali | Wind in Thai |
Wind - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Wind from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.