English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Tight'
- affected by scarcity and expensive to borrow; "Tight money"; "a Tight market"
- packed closely together; "the stood in a Tight little group"; "hair in Tight curls"; "the pub was packed Tight"
- demanding strict attention to rules and procedures; "rigorous discipline"; "Tight security"; "stringent safety measures"
- exasperatingly difficult to handle or circumvent; "a nasty problem"; "a good man to have on your side in a Tight situation"
- very drunk
- (of a contest or contestants) evenly matched; "a close contest"; "a close election"; "a Tight game"
- used of persons or behavior; characterized by or indicative of lack of generosity; "a mean person"; "he left a miserly tip"
- of such close construction as to be impermeable; "a Tight roof"; "warm in our Tight little house"
- closely constrained or constricted or constricting; "Tight skirts"; "he hated Tight starched collars"; "fingers closed in a Tight fist"; "a Tight feeling in his chest"
- pressed Tightly together; "with lips compressed"
- securely or solidly fixed in place; rigid; "the bolts are Tight"
- of textiles; "a close weave"; "smooth percale with a very Tight weave"
- pulled or drawn Tight; "taut sails"; "a Tight drumhead"; "a Tight rope"
- set so close together as to be invulnerable to penetration; "in Tight formation"; "a Tight blockade"
- firmly or Tightly; "held fast to the rope"; "her foot was stuck fast"; "held Tight"
- in an attentive manner; "he remained close on his guard"
'Tight' in other languages
Get definition of Tight, Get synonyms of Tight and translate.Tight in Tamil | Tight in English | Tight in Arabic | Tight in Dutch | Tight in French | Tight in German | Tight in Greek | Tight in Hindi | Tight in Italian | Tight in Japanese | Tight in Korean | Tight in Malay | Tight in Norwegian | Tight in Portuguese | Tight in Russian | Tight in Spanish | Tight in Swedish | Tight in Chinese | Tight in Indonesian | Tight in Urdu | Tight in Bengali | Tight in Thai |
Tight - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Tight from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.