English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Subject'
- something (a person or object or scene) selected by an artist or photographer for graphic representation; "a moving picture of a train is more dramatic than a still picture of the same Subject"
- some situation or event that is thought about; "he kept drifting off the topic"; "he had been thinking about the Subject for several years"; "it is a matter for the police"
- a branch of knowledge; "in what discipline is his doctorate?"; "teachers should be well trained in their Subject"; "anthropology is the study of human beings"
- (grammar) one of the two main constituents of a sentence; the grammatical constituent about which something is predicated
- (logic) the first term of a proposition
- the Subject matter of a conversation or discussion; "he didn''t want to discuss that Subject"; "it was a very sensitive topic"; "his letters were always on the theme of love"
- a person who owes allegiance to that nation; "a monarch has a duty to his Subjects"
- a person who is Subjected to experimental or other observational procedures; someone who is an object of investigation; "the Subjects for this investigation were selected randomly"; "the cases that we studied were drawn from two different communities"
- refer for judgment or consideration; "She submitted a proposal to the agency"
- make accountable for; "He did not want to Subject himself to the judgments of his superiors"
- cause to experience or suffer or make liable or vulnerable to; "He Subjected me to his awful poetry"; "The sergeant Subjected the new recruits to many drills"; "People in Chernobyl were Subjected to radiation"
- make subservient; force to submit or subdue
- being under the power or sovereignty of another or others; "Subject peoples"; "a dependent prince"
- possibly accepting or permitting; "a passage capable of misinterpretation"; "open to interpretation"; "an issue open to question"; "the time is fixed by the director and players and therefore Subject to much variation"
'Subject' in other languages
Get definition of Subject, Get synonyms of Subject and translate.Subject in Tamil | Subject in English | Subject in Arabic | Subject in Dutch | Subject in French | Subject in German | Subject in Greek | Subject in Hindi | Subject in Italian | Subject in Japanese | Subject in Korean | Subject in Malay | Subject in Norwegian | Subject in Portuguese | Subject in Russian | Subject in Spanish | Subject in Swedish | Subject in Chinese | Subject in Indonesian | Subject in Urdu | Subject in Bengali | Subject in Thai |
Subject - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Subject from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.