English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Upright'
- a piano with a vertical sounding board
- a vertical structural member as a post or stake; "the ball sailed between the Uprights"
- in a vertical position; not sloping; "an Upright post"
- Upright in position or posture; "an erect stature"; "erect flower stalks"; "for a dog, an erect tail indicates aggression"; "a column still vertical amid the ruins"; "he sat bolt Upright"
- erect in posture; "behind him sat old man Arthur; he was straight with something angry in his attitude"; "stood defiantly with unbowed back"
- of moral excellence; "a genuinely good person"; "a just cause"; "an Upright and respectable man"; "the life of the nation is secure only while the nation is honest, truthful, and virtuous"- Frederick Douglass
- maintaining an erect position; "standing timber"; "many buildings were still standing"
'Upright' in other languages
Get definition of Upright, Get synonyms of Upright and translate.Upright in Tamil | Upright in English | Upright in Arabic | Upright in Dutch | Upright in French | Upright in German | Upright in Greek | Upright in Hindi | Upright in Italian | Upright in Japanese | Upright in Korean | Upright in Malay | Upright in Norwegian | Upright in Portuguese | Upright in Russian | Upright in Spanish | Upright in Swedish | Upright in Chinese | Upright in Indonesian | Upright in Urdu | Upright in Bengali | Upright in Thai |
Upright - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Upright from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.