English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Prompt'
- (computer science) a symbol that appears on the computer screen to indicate that the computer is ready to receive a command
- a cue given to a performer (usually the beginning of the next line to be spoken); "the audience could hear his Prompting"
- serve as the inciting cause of; "She Prompted me to call my relatives"
- assist (somebody acting or reciting) by suggesting the next words of something forgotten or imperfectly learned
- give an incentive for action; "This moved me to sacrifice my career"
- characterized by speed and efficiency
- performed with little or no delay; "an immediate reply to my letter"; "Prompt obedience"; "was quick to respond"; "a straightaway denial"
- according to schedule or without delay; "they were always on time"; "a Prompt reply"
- quick in apprehending or reacting; "a Prompt (or ready) response"; "a Prompt smile"
'Prompt' in other languages
Get definition of Prompt, Get synonyms of Prompt and translate.Prompt in Tamil | Prompt in English | Prompt in Arabic | Prompt in Dutch | Prompt in French | Prompt in German | Prompt in Greek | Prompt in Hindi | Prompt in Italian | Prompt in Japanese | Prompt in Korean | Prompt in Malay | Prompt in Norwegian | Prompt in Portuguese | Prompt in Russian | Prompt in Spanish | Prompt in Swedish | Prompt in Chinese | Prompt in Indonesian | Prompt in Urdu | Prompt in Bengali | Prompt in Thai |
Prompt - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Prompt from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.