English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Promote'
- make publicity for; try to sell (a product); "The salesman is aggressively pushing the new computer model"; "The company is heavily advertizing their new laptops"
- change a pawn for a king by advancing it to the eighth row, or change a checker piece for a more valuable piece by moving it the row closest to your opponent
- be changed for a superior chess or checker piece
- give a promotion to or assign to a higher position; "John was kicked upstairs when a replacement was hired"; "Women tend not to advance in the major law firms"; "I got Promoted after many years of hard work"
- contribute to the progress or growth of; "I am promoting the use of computers in the classroom"
'Promote' in other languages
Get definition of Promote, Get synonyms of Promote and translate.Promote in Tamil | Promote in English | Promote in Arabic | Promote in Dutch | Promote in French | Promote in German | Promote in Greek | Promote in Hindi | Promote in Italian | Promote in Japanese | Promote in Korean | Promote in Malay | Promote in Norwegian | Promote in Portuguese | Promote in Russian | Promote in Spanish | Promote in Swedish | Promote in Chinese | Promote in Indonesian | Promote in Urdu | Promote in Bengali | Promote in Thai |
Promote - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Promote from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.