English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Order'
- putting in Order; "there were mistakes in the Ordering of items on the list"
- (architecture) one of original three styles of Greek architecture distinguished by the type of column and entablature used or a style developed from the original three by the Romans
- a degree in a continuum of size or quantity; "it was on the Order of a mile"; "an explosion of a low Order of magnitude"
- a commercial document used to request someone to supply something in return for payment and providing specifications and quantities; "IBM received an Order for a hundred computers"
- a legally binding command or decision entered on the court record (as if issued by a court or judge); "a friend in New Mexico said that the Order caused no trouble out there"
- a body of rules followed by an assembly
- (often plural) a command given by a superior (e.g., a military or law enforcement officer) that must be obeyed; "the British ships dropped anchor and waited for Orders from London"
- a request for food or refreshment (as served in a restaurant or bar etc.); "I gave the waiter my Order"
- (biology) taxonomic group containing one or more families
- a group of person living under a religious rule; "the Order of Saint Benedict"
- a formal association of people with similar interests; "he joined a golf club"; "they formed a small lunch society"; "men from the fraternal Order will staff the soup kitchen today"
- logical or comprehensible arrangement of separate elements; "we shall consider these questions in the inverse Order of their presentation"
- (usually plural) the status or rank or office of a Christian clergyman in an ecclesiastical hierarchy; "theologians still disagree over whether `bishop'' should or should not be a separate Order"
- established customary state (especially of society); "Order ruled in the streets"; "law and Order"
- a condition of regular or proper arrangement; "he put his desk in Order"; "the machine is now in working Order"
- place in a certain Order; "Order these files"
- bring Order to or into; "Order these files"
- assign a rank or rating to; "how would you rank these students?"; "The restaurant is rated highly in the food guide"
- arrange thoughts, ideas, temporal events, etc.; "arrange my schedule"; "set up one''s life"; "I put these memories with those of bygone times"
- make a request for something; "Order me some flowers"; "Order a work stoppage"
- give instructions to or direct somebody to do something with authority; "I said to him to go home"; "She Ordered him to do the shopping"; "The mother told the child to get dressed"
- issue commands or Orders for
- appoint to a clerical posts; "he was ordained in the Church"
- bring into conformity with rules or principles or usage; impose regulations; "We cannot regulate the way people dress"; "This town likes to regulate"
'Order' in other languages
Get definition of Order, Get synonyms of Order and translate.Order in Tamil | Order in English | Order in Arabic | Order in Dutch | Order in French | Order in German | Order in Greek | Order in Hindi | Order in Italian | Order in Japanese | Order in Korean | Order in Malay | Order in Norwegian | Order in Portuguese | Order in Russian | Order in Spanish | Order in Swedish | Order in Chinese | Order in Indonesian | Order in Urdu | Order in Bengali | Order in Thai |
Order - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Order from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.