English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Name'
- by the sanction or authority of; "halt in the Name of the law"
- a language unit by which a person or thing is known; "his Name really is George Washington"; "those are two Names for the same thing"
- a defamatory or abusive word or phrase; "sticks and stones may break my bones but Names can never hurt me"
- family based on male descent; "he had no sons and there was no one to carry on his Name"
- a well-known or notable person; "they studied all the great Names in the history of France"; "she is an important figure in modern music"
- a person''s reputation; "he wanted to protect his good Name"
- determine or distinguish the nature of a problem or an illness through a diagnostic analysis
- identify as in botany or biology, for example
- give or make a list of; Name individually; give the Names of; "List the states west of the Mississippi"
- mention and identify by Name; "Name your accomplices!"
- make reference to; "His Name was mentioned in connection with the invention"
- give the Name or identifying characteristics of; refer to by Name or some other identifying characteristic property; "Many senators were Named in connection with the scandal"; "The almanac identifies the auspicious months"
- assign a specified, proper Name to; "They Named their son David"; "The new school was Named after the famous Civil Rights leader"
- create and charge with a task or function; "nominate a committee"
- charge with a function; charge to be; "She was Named Head of the Committee"; "She was made president of the club"
'Name' in other languages
Get definition of Name, Get synonyms of Name and translate.Name in Tamil | Name in English | Name in Arabic | Name in Dutch | Name in French | Name in German | Name in Greek | Name in Hindi | Name in Italian | Name in Japanese | Name in Korean | Name in Malay | Name in Norwegian | Name in Portuguese | Name in Russian | Name in Spanish | Name in Swedish | Name in Chinese | Name in Indonesian | Name in Urdu | Name in Bengali | Name in Thai |
Name - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Name from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.