English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Delay'
- the act of Delaying; inactivity resulting in something being put off until a later time
- time during which some action is awaited; "instant replay caused too long a Delay"; "he ordered a hold in the action"
- slow the growth or development of; "The brain damage will retard the child''s language development"
- cause to be slowed down or Delayed; "Traffic was Delayed by the bad weather"; "she Delayed the work that she didn''t want to perform"
- stop or halt; "Please stay the bloodshed!"
- act later than planned, scheduled, or required; "Don''t Delay your application to graduate school or else it won''t be considered"
'Delay' in other languages
Get definition of Delay, Get synonyms of Delay and translate.Delay in Tamil | Delay in English | Delay in Arabic | Delay in Dutch | Delay in French | Delay in German | Delay in Greek | Delay in Hindi | Delay in Italian | Delay in Japanese | Delay in Korean | Delay in Malay | Delay in Norwegian | Delay in Portuguese | Delay in Russian | Delay in Spanish | Delay in Swedish | Delay in Chinese | Delay in Indonesian | Delay in Urdu | Delay in Bengali | Delay in Thai |
Delay - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Delay from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.