English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Contrary'
- two propositions are contraries if both cannot be true but both can be false
- exact opposition; "public opinion to the Contrary he is not guilty"
- a relation of direct opposition; "we thought Sue was older than Bill but just the reverse was true"
- in an opposing direction; "adverse currents"; "a Contrary wind"
- resistant to guidance or discipline; "Mary Mary quite Contrary"; "an obstinate child with a violent temper"; "a perverse mood"; "wayward behavior"
- very opposed in nature or character or purpose; "acts Contrary to our code of ethics"; "the facts point to a Contrary conclusion"
- of words or propositions so related that both cannot be true but both may be false; "`hot'' and `cold'' are Contrary terms"
'Contrary' in other languages
Get definition of Contrary, Get synonyms of Contrary and translate.Contrary in Tamil | Contrary in English | Contrary in Arabic | Contrary in Dutch | Contrary in French | Contrary in German | Contrary in Greek | Contrary in Hindi | Contrary in Italian | Contrary in Japanese | Contrary in Korean | Contrary in Malay | Contrary in Norwegian | Contrary in Portuguese | Contrary in Russian | Contrary in Spanish | Contrary in Swedish | Contrary in Chinese | Contrary in Indonesian | Contrary in Urdu | Contrary in Bengali | Contrary in Thai |
Contrary - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Contrary from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.