English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Better'
- the superior one of two alternatives; "chose the Better of the two"
- one having claim to precedence; a superior; "the common man has been kept in his place by his Betters"
- someone who bets
- get Better; "The weather improved toward evening"
- to make Better; "The editor improved the manuscript with his changes"
- surpass in excellence; "She Bettered her own record"; "break a record"
- (comparative of `good'') superior to another (of the same class or set or kind) in excellence or quality or desirability or suitability; more highly skilled than another; "You''re a Better man than I am, Gunga Din"; "a Better coat"; "a Better type of car"
- (comparative of `good'') changed for the Better in health or fitness; "her health is Better now"; "I feel Better"
- more than half; "argued for the Better part of an hour"
- comparative of `well''; in a Better or more excellent manner or more advantageously or attractively or to a greater degree etc.; "She had never sung Better"; "a deed Better left undone"; "Better suited to the job"
- from a position of superiority or authority; "father knows best"; "I know Better."
'Better' in other languages
Get definition of Better, Get synonyms of Better and translate.Better in Tamil | Better in English | Better in Arabic | Better in Dutch | Better in French | Better in German | Better in Greek | Better in Hindi | Better in Italian | Better in Japanese | Better in Korean | Better in Malay | Better in Norwegian | Better in Portuguese | Better in Russian | Better in Spanish | Better in Swedish | Better in Chinese | Better in Indonesian | Better in Urdu | Better in Bengali | Better in Thai |
Better - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Better from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.