English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Shoot'
- the act of Shooting at targets; "they hold a Shoot every weekend during the summer"
- a new branch
- give an injection to; "We injected the glucose into the patient''s vein"
- produce buds, branches, or germinate; "the potatoes sprouted"
- measure the altitude of by using a sextant; "Shoot a star"
- utter fast and forcefully; "She shot back an answer"
- make a film or photograph of something; "take a scene"; "Shoot a movie"
- record on photographic film; "I photographed the scene of the accident"; "She snapped a picture of the President"
- score; "Shoot a basket"; "Shoot a goal"
- fire a shot
- hit with a missile from a weapon
- spend frivolously and unwisely; "Fritter away one''s inheritance"
- throw dice, as in a crap game
- variegate by interweaving weft threads of different colors; "Shoot cloth"
- force or drive (a fluid or gas) into by piercing; "inject hydrogen into the balloon"
- throw or propel in a specific direction or towards a specific objective; "Shoot craps"; "Shoot a golf ball"
- move quickly and violently; "The car tore down the street"; "He came charging into my office"
- run or move very quickly or hastily; "She dashed into the yard"
- send forth suddenly, intensely, swiftly; "Shoot a glance"
- cause a sharp and sudden pain in; "The pain shot up her leg"
- kill by firing a missile
- emit (as light, flame, or fumes) suddenly and forcefully; "The dragon shot fumes and flames out of its mouth"
'Shoot' in other languages
Get definition of Shoot, Get synonyms of Shoot and translate.Shoot in Tamil | Shoot in English | Shoot in Arabic | Shoot in Dutch | Shoot in French | Shoot in German | Shoot in Greek | Shoot in Hindi | Shoot in Italian | Shoot in Japanese | Shoot in Korean | Shoot in Malay | Shoot in Norwegian | Shoot in Portuguese | Shoot in Russian | Shoot in Spanish | Shoot in Swedish | Shoot in Chinese | Shoot in Indonesian | Shoot in Urdu | Shoot in Bengali | Shoot in Thai |
Shoot - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Shoot from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.