English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Lift'
- the act of raising something; "he responded with a Lift of his eyebrow"; "fireman learn several different raises for getting ladders up"
- a ride in a car; "he gave me a Lift home"
- transportation of people or goods by air (especially when other means of access are unavailable)
- plastic surgery to remove wrinkles and other signs of aging from your face; an incision is made near the hair line and skin is pulled back and excess tissue is excised; "some actresses have more than one face Lift"
- the act of giving temporary assistance
- Lifting device consisting of a platform or cage that is raised and lowered mechanically in a vertical shaft in order to move people from one floor to another in a building
- one of the layers forming the heel of a shoe or boot
- a device worn in a shoe or boot to make the wearer look taller or to correct a shortened leg
- a powered conveyance that carries skiers up a hill
- a wave that Lifts the surface of the water or ground
- the event of something being raised upward; "an elevation of the temperature in the afternoon"; "a raising of the land resulting from volcanic activity"
- the component of the aerodynamic forces acting on an airfoil that opposes gravity
- perform cosmetic surgery on someone''s face
- remove from a surface; "the detective carefully Lifted some fingerprints from the table"
- take off or away by decreasing; "Lift the pressure"
- remove from a seedbed or from a nursery; "Lift the tulip bulbs"
- remove (hair) by scalping
- put an end to; "Lift a ban"; "raise a siege"
- rise upward, as from pressure or moisture; "The floor is Lifting slowly"
- raise in rank or condition; "The new law Lifted many people from poverty"
- invigorate or heighten; "Lift my spirits"; "Lift his ego"
- call to stop the hunt or to retire, as of hunting dogs
- annul by recalling or rescinding; "He revoked the ban on smoking"; "Lift an embargo"; "vacate a death sentence"
- make audible; "He Lifted a war whoop"
- take (root crops) out of the ground; "Lift potatoes"
- fly people or goods to or from places not accessible by other means; "Food is airLifted into Bosnia"
- raise or haul up with or as if with mechanical help; "hoist the bicycle onto the roof of the car"
- take hold of something and move it to a different location; "Lift the box onto the table"
- move upward; "The fog Lifted"; "The smoke arose from the forest fire"; "The mist uprose from the meadows"
- move upwards; "Lift one''s eyes"
- raise from a lower to a higher position; "Raise your hands"; "Lift a load"
- make off with belongings of others
- take illegally; "rustle cattle"
- take without referencing from someone else''s writing or speech; of intellectual property
- pay off (a mortgage)
- rise up; "The building rose before them"
'Lift' in other languages
Get definition of Lift, Get synonyms of Lift and translate.Lift in Tamil | Lift in English | Lift in Arabic | Lift in Dutch | Lift in French | Lift in German | Lift in Greek | Lift in Hindi | Lift in Italian | Lift in Japanese | Lift in Korean | Lift in Malay | Lift in Norwegian | Lift in Portuguese | Lift in Russian | Lift in Spanish | Lift in Swedish | Lift in Chinese | Lift in Indonesian | Lift in Urdu | Lift in Bengali | Lift in Thai |
Lift - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Lift from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.