English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Common'
- a piece of open land for recreational use in an urban area; "they went for a walk in the park"
- of no special distinction or quality; widely known or Commonly encountered; average or ordinary or usual; "the Common man"; "a Common sailor"; "the Common cold"; "a Common nuisance"; "followed Common procedure"; "it is Common knowledge that she lives alon
- belonging to or participated in by a community as a whole; public; "for the Common good"; "Common lands are set aside for use by all members of a community"
- Commonly encountered; "a Common (or familiar) complaint"; "the usual greeting"
- being or characteristic of or appropriate to everyday language; "Common parlance"; "a vernacular term"; "vernacular speakers"; "the vulgar tongue of the masses"; "the technical and vulgar names for an animal species"
- of or associated with the great masses of people; "the Common people in those days suffered greatly"; "behavior that branded him as Common"; "his square plebeian nose"; "a vulgar and objectionable person"; "the unwashed masses"
- to be expected; standard; "Common decency"
- lacking refinement or cultivation or taste; "he had coarse manners but a first-rate mind"; "behavior that branded him as Common"; "an untutored and uncouth human being"; "an uncouth soldier--a real tough guy"; "appealing to the vulgar taste for violence";
- Common to or shared by two or more parties; "a Common friend"; "the mutual interests of management and labor"
- of low or inferior quality or value; "of what coarse metal ye are molded"- Shakespeare; "produced...the Common cloths used by the poorer population"
'Common' in other languages
Get definition of Common, Get synonyms of Common and translate.Common in Tamil | Common in English | Common in Arabic | Common in Dutch | Common in French | Common in German | Common in Greek | Common in Hindi | Common in Italian | Common in Japanese | Common in Korean | Common in Malay | Common in Norwegian | Common in Portuguese | Common in Russian | Common in Spanish | Common in Swedish | Common in Chinese | Common in Indonesian | Common in Urdu | Common in Bengali | Common in Thai |
Common - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Common from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.