English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Sustain'
- undergo (as of injuries and illnesses); "She suffered a fracture in the accident"; "He had an insulin shock after eating three candy bars"; "She got a bruise on her leg"; "He got his arm broken in the scuffle"
- establish or strengthen as with new evidence or facts; "his story confirmed my doubts"; "The evidence supports the defendant"
- admit as valid; "The court Sustained the motion"
- supply with necessities and support; "She alone Sustained her family"; "The money will Sustain our good cause"; "There''s little to earn and many to keep"
- provide with nourishment; "We Sustained ourselves on bread and water"; "This kind of food is not nourishing for young children"
- be the physical support of; carry the weight of; "The beam holds up the roof"; "He supported me with one hand while I balanced on the beam"; "What''s holding that mirror?"
- lengthen or extend in duration or space; "We Sustained the diplomatic negociations as long as possible"; "prolong the treatment of the patient"; "keep up the good work"
'Sustain' in other languages
Get definition of Sustain, Get synonyms of Sustain and translate.Sustain in Tamil | Sustain in English | Sustain in Arabic | Sustain in Dutch | Sustain in French | Sustain in German | Sustain in Greek | Sustain in Hindi | Sustain in Italian | Sustain in Japanese | Sustain in Korean | Sustain in Malay | Sustain in Norwegian | Sustain in Portuguese | Sustain in Russian | Sustain in Spanish | Sustain in Swedish | Sustain in Chinese | Sustain in Indonesian | Sustain in Urdu | Sustain in Bengali | Sustain in Thai |
Sustain - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Sustain from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.