English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Style'
- a slender bristlelike or tubular process; "a cartilaginous Style"
- a pointed tool for writing or drawing or engraving; "he drew the design on the stencil with a steel stylus"
- distinctive and stylish elegance; "he wooed her with the confident dash of a cavalry officer"
- how something is done or how it happens; "her dignified manner"; "his rapid manner of talking"; "their nomadic mode of existence"; "in the characteristic New York Style"; "a lonely way of life"; "in an abrasive fashion"
- the popular taste at a given time; "leather is the latest vogue"; "he followed current trends"; "the 1920s had a Style of their own"
- a particular kind (as to appearance); "this Style of shoe is in demand"
- editorial directions to be followed in spelling and punctuation and capitalization and typographical display
- a way of expressing something (in language or art or music etc.) that is characteristic of a particular person or group of people or period; "all the reporters were expected to adopt the Style of the newspaper"
- (botany) the narrow elongated part of the pistil between the ovary and the stigma
- make consistent with certain rules of Style; "Style a manuscript"
- designate by an identifying term; "They Styled their nation `The Confederate States''"
- make consistent with a certain fashion or Style; "Style my hair"; "Style the dress"
'Style' in other languages
Get definition of Style, Get synonyms of Style and translate.Style in Tamil | Style in English | Style in Arabic | Style in Dutch | Style in French | Style in German | Style in Greek | Style in Hindi | Style in Italian | Style in Japanese | Style in Korean | Style in Malay | Style in Norwegian | Style in Portuguese | Style in Russian | Style in Spanish | Style in Swedish | Style in Chinese | Style in Indonesian | Style in Urdu | Style in Bengali | Style in Thai |
Style - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Style from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.