English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Stone'
- building material consisting of a piece of rock hewn in a definite shape for a special purpose; "he wanted a special Stone to mark the site"
- a lack of feeling or expression or movement; "he must have a heart of Stone"; "her face was as hard as Stone"
- a lump or mass of hard consolidated mineral matter; "he threw a rock at me"
- United States architect (1902-1978)
- United States jurist who served on the United States Supreme Court as Chief Justice (1872-1946)
- United States journalist who advocated liberal causes (1907-1989)
- United States feminist and suffragist (1818-1893)
- United States filmmaker (born in 1946)
- the hard inner (usually woody) layer of the pericarp of some fruits (as peaches or plums or cherries or olives) that contains the seed; "you should remove the Stones from prunes before cooking"
- an avoirdupois unit used to measure the weight of a human body; equal to 14 pounds; "a heavy chap who must have weighed more than twenty Stone"
- material consisting of the aggregate of minerals like those making up the Earth''s crust; "that mountain is solid rock"; "Stone is abundant in New England and there are many quarries"
- a crystalline rock that can be cut and polished for jewelry; "he had the gem set in a ring for his wife"; "she had jewels made of all the rarest Stones"
- remove the pits from; "pit plums and cherries"
- kill by throwing Stones at; "Adulterers should be Stoned according to the Koran"
- of any of various dull tannish-gray colors
'Stone' in other languages
Get definition of Stone, Get synonyms of Stone and translate.Stone in Tamil | Stone in English | Stone in Arabic | Stone in Dutch | Stone in French | Stone in German | Stone in Greek | Stone in Hindi | Stone in Italian | Stone in Japanese | Stone in Korean | Stone in Malay | Stone in Norwegian | Stone in Portuguese | Stone in Russian | Stone in Spanish | Stone in Swedish | Stone in Chinese | Stone in Indonesian | Stone in Urdu | Stone in Bengali | Stone in Thai |
Stone - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Stone from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.