English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Stock'
- not used technically; any animals kept for use or profit
- an ornamental white cravat
- the merchandise that a shop has on hand; "they carried a vast inventory of hardware"
- the handle end of some implements or tools; "he grabbed the cue by the Stock"
- the handle of a handgun or the butt end of a rifle or shotgun or part of the support of a machine gun or artillery gun; "the rifle had been fitted with a special Stock"
- lumber used in the construction of something; "they will cut round Stock to 1-inch diameter"
- liquid in which meat and vegetables are simmered; used as a basis for e.g. soups or sauces; "she made gravy with a base of beef Stock"
- a special variety of domesticated animals within a species; "he experimented on a particular breed of white rats"; "he created a new strain of sheep"
- the descendants of one individual; "his entire lineage has been warriors"
- any of various ornamental flowering plants of the genus Malcolmia
- any of several Old World plants cultivated for their brightly colored flowers
- a plant or stem onto which a graft is made; especially a plant grown specifically to provide the root part of grafted plants
- persistent thickened stem of a herbaceous perennial plant
- the capital raised by a corporation through the issue of shares entitling holders to an ownership interest (equity); "he owns a controlling share of the company''s Stock"
- a supply of something available for future use; "he brought back a large store of Cuban cigars"
- a certificate documenting the shareholder''s ownership in the corporation; "the value of his Stocks doubled during the past year"
- the reputation and popularity a person has; "his Stock was so high he could have been elected mayor"
- put forth and grow sprouts or shoots; "the plant sprouted early this year"
- have on hand; "Do you carry kerosene heaters?"
- provide or furnish with a Stock of something; "Stock the larder with meat"
- Stock up on to keep for future use or sale; "let''s Stock coffee as long as prices are low"
- supply with liveStock; "Stock a farm"
- supply with fish; "Stock a lake"
- equip with a Stock; "Stock a rifle"
- regularly and widely used or sold; "a standard size"; "a Stock item"
- routine; "a Stock answer"
'Stock' in other languages
Get definition of Stock, Get synonyms of Stock and translate.Stock in Tamil | Stock in English | Stock in Arabic | Stock in Dutch | Stock in French | Stock in German | Stock in Greek | Stock in Hindi | Stock in Italian | Stock in Japanese | Stock in Korean | Stock in Malay | Stock in Norwegian | Stock in Portuguese | Stock in Russian | Stock in Spanish | Stock in Swedish | Stock in Chinese | Stock in Indonesian | Stock in Urdu | Stock in Bengali | Stock in Thai |
Stock - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Stock from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.