English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Serve'
- (sports) a stroke that puts the ball in play; "his powerful Serves won the game"
- put the ball into play; "It was Agassi''s turn to Serve"
- do duty or hold offices; Serve in a specific function; "He Served as head of the department for three years"; "She Served in Congress for two terms"
- provide (usually but not necessarily food); "We Serve meals for the homeless"; "She dished out the soup at 8 P.M."; "The entertainers Served up a lively show"
- help to some food; help with food or drink; "I Served him three times, and after that he helped himself"
- mate with; "male animals Serve the females for breeding purposes"
- deliver a warrant or summons to someone; "He was processed by the sheriff"
- do military service; "She Served in Vietnam"; "My sons never Served, because they are short-sighted"
- work for or be a servant to; "May I Serve you?"; "She attends the old lady in the wheelchair"; "Can you wait on our table, please?"; "Is a salesperson assisting you?"; "The minister Served the King for many years"
- be used by; as of a utility; "The sewage plant Served the neighboring communities"; "The garage Served to shelter his horses"
- devote (part of) one''s life or efforts to, as of countries, institutions, or ideas; "She Served the art of music"; "He Served the church"; "Serve the country"
- be sufficient; be adequate, either in quality or quantity; "A few words would answer"; "This car suits my purpose well"; "Will $100 do?"; "A ''B'' grade doesn''t suffice to get me into medical school"; "Nothing else will Serve"
- contribute or conduce to; "The scandal Served to increase his popularity"
- promote, benefit, or be useful or beneficial to; "Art Serves commerce"; "Their interests are Served"; "The lake Serves recreation"; "The President''s wisdom has Served the counrty well"
- Serve a purpose, role, or function; "The tree stump Serves as a table"; "The female students Served as a control group"; "This table would Serve very well"; "His freedom Served him well"; "The table functions as a desk"
- spend time in prison or in a labor camp; "He did six years for embezzlement"
'Serve' in other languages
Get definition of Serve, Get synonyms of Serve and translate.Serve in Tamil | Serve in English | Serve in Arabic | Serve in Dutch | Serve in French | Serve in German | Serve in Greek | Serve in Hindi | Serve in Italian | Serve in Japanese | Serve in Korean | Serve in Malay | Serve in Norwegian | Serve in Portuguese | Serve in Russian | Serve in Spanish | Serve in Swedish | Serve in Chinese | Serve in Indonesian | Serve in Urdu | Serve in Bengali | Serve in Thai |
Serve - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Serve from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.