English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Protection'
- payment extorted by gangsters on threat of violence; "every store in the neighborhood had to pay him Protection"
- the activity of protecting someone or something; "the witnesses demanded police Protection"
- the imposition of duties or quotas on imports in order to protect domestic industry against foreign competition; "he made trade Protection a plank in the party platform"
- kindly endorsement and guidance; "the tournament was held under the auspices of the city council"
- a covering that is intend to protect from damage or injury; "they had no Protection from the fallout"; "wax provided Protection for the floors"
- defense against financial failure; financial independence; "his pension gave him security in his old age"; "insurance provided Protection against loss of wages due to illness"
- the condition of being protected; "they were huddled together for Protection"; "he enjoyed a sense of peace and Protection in his new home"
'Protection' in other languages
Get definition of Protection, Get synonyms of Protection and translate.Protection in Tamil | Protection in English | Protection in Arabic | Protection in Dutch | Protection in French | Protection in German | Protection in Greek | Protection in Hindi | Protection in Italian | Protection in Japanese | Protection in Korean | Protection in Malay | Protection in Norwegian | Protection in Portuguese | Protection in Russian | Protection in Spanish | Protection in Swedish | Protection in Chinese | Protection in Indonesian | Protection in Urdu | Protection in Bengali | Protection in Thai |
Protection - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Protection from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.