English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Plant'
- a living organism lacking the power of locomotion
- buildings for carrying on industrial labor; "they built a large Plant to manufacture automobiles"
- something Planted secretly for discovery by another; "the police used a Plant to trick the thieves"; "he claimed that the evidence against him was a Plant"
- an actor situated in the audience whose acting is rehearsed but seems spontaneous to the audience
- put firmly in the mind; "Plant a thought in the students'' minds"
- place something or someone in a certain position in order to secretly observe or deceive; "Plant a spy in Moscow"; "Plant bugs in the dissident''s apartment"
- fix or set securely or deeply; "He Planted a knee in the back of his opponent"; "The dentist imPlanted a tooth in the gum"
- put or set (seeds or seedlings) into the ground; "Let''s Plant flowers in the garden"
- set up or lay the groundwork for; "establish a new department"
- place into a river; "Plant fish"
'Plant' in other languages
Get definition of Plant, Get synonyms of Plant and translate.Plant in Tamil | Plant in English | Plant in Arabic | Plant in Dutch | Plant in French | Plant in German | Plant in Greek | Plant in Hindi | Plant in Italian | Plant in Japanese | Plant in Korean | Plant in Malay | Plant in Norwegian | Plant in Portuguese | Plant in Russian | Plant in Spanish | Plant in Swedish | Plant in Chinese | Plant in Indonesian | Plant in Urdu | Plant in Bengali | Plant in Thai |
Plant - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Plant from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.