English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Place'
- a job in an organization; "he occupied a post in the treasury"
- the function or position properly or customarily occupied or served by another; "can you go in my stead?"; "took his Place"; "in lieu of"
- an abstract mental location; "he has a special Place in my thoughts"; "a Place in my heart"; "a political system with no Place for the less prominent groups"
- a blank area; "write your name in the space provided"
- the passage that is being read; "he lost his Place on the page"
- an item on a list or in a sequence; "in the second Place"; "moved from third to fifth position"
- any area set aside for a particular purpose; "who owns this Place?"; "the president was concerned about the property across from the White House"
- where you live at a particular time; "deliver the package to my home"; "he doesn''t have a home to go to"; "your Place or mine?"
- a public square with room for pedestrians; "they met at Elm Plaza"; "Grosvenor Place"
- the particular portion of space occupied by a physical object; "he put the lamp back in its Place"
- a general vicinity; "He comes from a Place near Chicago"
- a space reserved for sitting (as in a theater or on a train or airplane); "he booked their seats in advance"; "he sat in someone else''s Place"
- a point located with respect to surface features of some region; "this is a nice Place for a picnic"
- a particular situation; "If you were in my Place what would you do?"
- proper or designated social situation; "he overstepped his Place"; "the responsibilities of a man in his station"; "married above her station"
- proper or appropriate position or location; "a woman''s Place is no longer in the kitchen"
- recognize as being; establish the identity of someone or something; "She identified the man on the ''wanted'' poster"
- assign a rank or rating to; "how would you rank these students?"; "The restaurant is rated highly in the food guide"
- take a Place in a competition; often followed by an ordinal; "Jerry came in third in the Marathon"
- estimate; "We put the time of arrival at 8 P.M."
- to arrange for; "Place a phone call", "Place a bet"
- sing a note with the correct pitch
- finish second or better in a horse or dog race; "he bet $2 on number six to Place"
- assign to a station
- intend (something) to move towards a certain goal; "He aimed his fists towards his opponent''s face"; "criticism directed at her superior"; "direct your anger towards others, not towards yourself"
- put into a certain Place or abstract location; "Put your things here"; "Set the tray down"; "Set the dogs on the scent of the missing children"; "Place emphasis on a certain point"
- locate; "The film is set in Africa"
- make an investment; "Put money into bonds"
- assign a location to; "The company located some of their agents in Los Angeles"
- Place somebody in a particular situation or location; "he was Placed on probation"
- assign to (a job or a home)
- identify the location or Place of; "We localized the source of the infection"
'Place' in other languages
Get definition of Place, Get synonyms of Place and translate.Place in Tamil | Place in English | Place in Arabic | Place in Dutch | Place in French | Place in German | Place in Greek | Place in Hindi | Place in Italian | Place in Japanese | Place in Korean | Place in Malay | Place in Norwegian | Place in Portuguese | Place in Russian | Place in Spanish | Place in Swedish | Place in Chinese | Place in Indonesian | Place in Urdu | Place in Bengali | Place in Thai |
Place - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Place from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.