English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Period'
- a punctuation mark (.) placed at the end of a declarative sentence to indicate a full stop or after abbreviations; "in England they call a Period a stop"
- the monthly discharge of blood from the uterus of nonpregnant women from puberty to menopause; "the women were sickly and subject to excessive menstruation"; "a woman does not take the gout unless her menses be stopped"--Hippocrates; "the semen begins to
- an amount of time; "a time Period of 30 years"; "hastened the Period of time of his recovery"; "Picasso''s blue Period"
- the end or completion of something; "death put a Period to his endeavors"; "a change soon put a Period to my tranquility"
- a unit of geological time during which a system of rocks formed; "ganoid fishes swarmed during the earlier geological Periods"
- one of three Periods of play in hockey games
- the interval taken to complete one cycle of a regularly repeating phenomenon
- a stage in the history of a culture having a definable place in space and time; "a novel from the Victorian Period"
'Period' in other languages
Get definition of Period, Get synonyms of Period and translate.Period in Tamil | Period in English | Period in Arabic | Period in Dutch | Period in French | Period in German | Period in Greek | Period in Hindi | Period in Italian | Period in Japanese | Period in Korean | Period in Malay | Period in Norwegian | Period in Portuguese | Period in Russian | Period in Spanish | Period in Swedish | Period in Chinese | Period in Indonesian | Period in Urdu | Period in Bengali | Period in Thai |
Period - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Period from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.