English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Man'
- any living or extinct member of the family Hominidae
- game equipment consisting of an object used in playing certain board games; "he taught me to set up the men on the chess board"; "he sacrificed a piece to get a strategic advantage"
- all of the inhabitants of the earth; "all the world loves a lover"; "she always used `huMankind'' because `Mankind'' seemed to slight the women"
- one of the British Isles in the Irish Sea
- an adult male person (as opposed to a woMan); "there were two women and six men on the bus"
- a male person who plays a significant role (husband or lover or boyfriend) in the life of a particular woMan; "she takes good care of her Man"
- an adult male person who has a Manly character (virile and courageous competent); "the army will make a Man of you"
- the generic use of the word to refer to any huMan being; "it was every Man for himself"
- a male subordinate; "the chief stationed two men outside the building"; "he awaited word from his Man in Havana"
- someone who serves in the armed forces; a member of a military force; "two men stood sentry duty"
- a Manservant who acts as a personal attendant to his employer; "Jeeves was Bertie Wooster''s Man"
- provide with men; "We cannot Man all the desks"
- take charge of a certain job; occupy a certain work place; "Mr. Smith Manned the reception desk in the morning"
'Man' in other languages
Get definition of Man, Get synonyms of Man and translate.Man in Tamil | Man in English | Man in Arabic | Man in Dutch | Man in French | Man in German | Man in Greek | Man in Hindi | Man in Italian | Man in Japanese | Man in Korean | Man in Malay | Man in Norwegian | Man in Portuguese | Man in Russian | Man in Spanish | Man in Swedish | Man in Chinese | Man in Indonesian | Man in Urdu | Man in Bengali | Man in Thai |
Man - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Man from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.