English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Land'
- working the Land as an occupation or way of life; "farming is a strenuous life"; "there''s no work on the Land any more"
- the people who live in a nation or country; "a statement that sums up the nation''s mood"; "the news was announced to the nation"; "the whole country worshipped him"
- a politically organized body of people under a single government; "the state has elected a new president"; "African nations"; "students who had come to the nation''s capitol"; "the country''s largest manufacturer"; "an industrialized Land"
- the territory occupied by a nation; "he returned to the Land of his birth"; "he visited several European countries"
- territory over which rule or control is exercised; "his domain extended into Europe"; "he made it the law of the Land"
- the solid part of the earth''s surface; "the plane turned away from the sea and moved back over Land"; "the earth shook for several minutes"; "he dropped the logs on the ground"
- material in the top layer of the surface of the earth in which plants can grow (especially with reference to its quality or use); "the Land had never been plowed"; "good agricultural soil"
- United States inventor who incorporated Polaroid film into lenses and invented the one-step photographic process (1909-1991)
- extensive Landed property (especially in the country) retained by the owner for his own use; "the family owned a large estate on Long IsLand"
- the Land on which real estate is located; "he built the house on Land leased from the city"
- a domain in which something is dominant; "the untroubled kingdom of reason"; "a Land of make-believe"; "the rise of the realm of cotton in the south"
- bring into a different state; "this may Land you in jail"
- reach or come to rest; "The bird Landed on the highest branch"; "The plane Landed in Istanbul"
- cause to come to the ground; "the pilot managed to Land the airplane safely"
- shoot at and force to come down; "the enemy Landed several of our aircraft"
- arrive on shore; "The ship Landed in Pearl Harbor"
- bring ashore; "The drug smugglers Landed the heroin on the beach of the isLand"
- deliver (a blow); "He Landed several blows on his opponent''s head"
'Land' in other languages
Get definition of Land, Get synonyms of Land and translate.Land in Tamil | Land in English | Land in Arabic | Land in Dutch | Land in French | Land in German | Land in Greek | Land in Hindi | Land in Italian | Land in Japanese | Land in Korean | Land in Malay | Land in Norwegian | Land in Portuguese | Land in Russian | Land in Spanish | Land in Swedish | Land in Chinese | Land in Indonesian | Land in Urdu | Land in Bengali | Land in Thai |
Land - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Land from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.