English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Hard'
- not easy; requiring great physical or mental effort to accomplish or comprehend or endure; "a difficult task"; "nesting places on the cliffs are difficult of access"; "difficult times"; "a difficult child"; "found himself in a difficult situation"; "why i
- characterized by toilsome effort to the point of exhaustion; especially physical effort; "worked their arduous way up the mining valley"; "a grueling campaign"; "Hard labor"; "heavy work"; "heavy going"; "spent many laborious hours on the project"; "set a
- dried out; "Hard dry rolls left over from the day before"
- unfortunate or Hard to bear; "had Hard luck"; "a tough break"
- not yielding to pressure or easily penetrated; "Hard as rock"
- metaphorically Hard; "a Hard fate"; "took a Hard look"; "a Hard bargainer"; "a Hard climb"
- of speech sounds
- having a high alcoholic content; "Hard liquor"
- very strong or vigorous; "strong winds"; "a Hard left to the chin"; "a knockout punch"; "a severe blow"
- having undergone fermentation; "Hard cider"
- with effort or force or vigor; "the team played Hard"; "worked Hard all day"; "pressed Hard on the lever"; "hit the ball Hard"; "slammed the door Hard"
- to the full extent possible; all the way; "Hard alee"; "the ship went Hard astern"; "swung the wheel Hard left"
- slowly and with difficulty; "prejudices die Hard"
- causing great damage or Hardship; "industries hit Hard by the depression"; "she was severely affected by the bank''s failure"
- with firmness; "held Hard to the railing"
- earnestly or intently; "thought Hard about it"; "stared Hard at the accused"
- with pain or distress or bitterness; "he took the rejection very Hard"
- very near or close in space or time; "it stands Hard by the railroad tracks"; "they were Hard on his heels"; "a strike followed Hard upon the plant''s opening"
- into a solid condition; "concrete that sets Hard within a few hours"
- indulging excessively; "he drank heavily"
'Hard' in other languages
Get definition of Hard, Get synonyms of Hard and translate.Hard in Tamil | Hard in English | Hard in Arabic | Hard in Dutch | Hard in French | Hard in German | Hard in Greek | Hard in Hindi | Hard in Italian | Hard in Japanese | Hard in Korean | Hard in Malay | Hard in Norwegian | Hard in Portuguese | Hard in Russian | Hard in Spanish | Hard in Swedish | Hard in Chinese | Hard in Indonesian | Hard in Urdu | Hard in Bengali | Hard in Thai |
Hard - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Hard from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.