English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Halt'
- an interruption or temporary suspension of progress or movement; "a Halt in the arms race"; "a nuclear freeze"
- the event of something ending; "it came to a stop at the bottom of the hill"
- the state of inactivity following an interruption; "the negotiations were in arrest"; "held them in check"; "during the Halt he got some lunch"; "the momentary stay enabled him to escape the blow"; "he spent the entire stop in his seat"
- stop the flow of a liquid; "staunch the blood flow"; "them the tide"
- cause to stop; "Halt the engines"; "Arrest the progress"; "Halt the presses"
- come to a Halt, stop moving; "the car stopped"; "She stopped in front of a store window"
- stop from happening or developing; "Block his election"; "Halt the process"
- disabled in the feet or legs; "a crippled soldier"; "a game leg"
'Halt' in other languages
Get definition of Halt, Get synonyms of Halt and translate.Halt in Tamil | Halt in English | Halt in Arabic | Halt in Dutch | Halt in French | Halt in German | Halt in Greek | Halt in Hindi | Halt in Italian | Halt in Japanese | Halt in Korean | Halt in Malay | Halt in Norwegian | Halt in Portuguese | Halt in Russian | Halt in Spanish | Halt in Swedish | Halt in Chinese | Halt in Indonesian | Halt in Urdu | Halt in Bengali | Halt in Thai |
Halt - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Halt from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.