English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Grave'
- a place for the burial of a corpse (especially beneath the ground and marked by a tombstone); "he put flowers on his mother''s Grave"
- a mark (`) placed above a vowel to indicate pronunciation
- death of a person; "he went to his Grave without forgiving me"; "from cradle to Grave"
- carve, cut, or etch into a material or surface; "enGrave a pen"; "enGraved the winner''s name onto the trophy cup"
- shape (a material like stone or wood) by whittling away at it; "She is sculpting the block of marble into an image of her husband"
- causing fear or anxiety by threatening great harm; "a dangerous operation"; "a Grave situation"; "a Grave illness"; "grievous bodily harm"; "a serious wound"; "a serious turn of events"; "a severe case of pneumonia"; "a life-threatening disease"
- of great gravity or crucial import; requiring serious thought; "Grave responsibilities"; "faced a Grave decision in a time of crisis"; "a grievous fault"; "heavy matters of state"; "the weighty matters to be discussed at the peace conference"
- dignified and somber in manner or character and committed to keeping promises; "a Grave God-fearing man"; "a quiet sedate nature"; "as sober as a judge"; "a solemn promise"; "the judge was solemn as he pronounced sentence"
'Grave' in other languages
Get definition of Grave, Get synonyms of Grave and translate.Grave in Tamil | Grave in English | Grave in Arabic | Grave in Dutch | Grave in French | Grave in German | Grave in Greek | Grave in Hindi | Grave in Italian | Grave in Japanese | Grave in Korean | Grave in Malay | Grave in Norwegian | Grave in Portuguese | Grave in Russian | Grave in Spanish | Grave in Swedish | Grave in Chinese | Grave in Indonesian | Grave in Urdu | Grave in Bengali | Grave in Thai |
Grave - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Grave from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.