English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Forward'
- a position on a basketball team
- the person who plays the position of Forward on a basketball team
- send or ship onward from an intermediate post or station in transit; "Forward my mail"
- moving toward a position ahead; "Forward motion"; "the onward course of events"
- situated in the front; "the Forward section of the aircraft"
- at or near or directed toward the front; "the Forward section of the aircraft"; "a Forward plunge down the stairs"; "Forward motion"
- of the transmission gear causing Forward movement in a motor vehicle; "in a Forward gear"
- used of temperament or behavior; lacking restraint or modesty; "a Forward child badly in need of discipline"
- situated at or toward the front; "the fore cabins"; "the Forward part of the ship"
- moving Forward
- in a Forward direction; "go ahead"; "the train moved ahead slowly"; "the boat lurched ahead"; "moved onward into the forest"; "they went slowly Forward in the mud"
- at or to or toward the front; "he faced Forward"; "step Forward"; "she practiced sewing backward as well as frontward on her new sewing machine"; (`forrad'' and `forrard'' are dialectal variations)
- toward the future; Forward in time; "I like to look ahead in imagination to what the future may bring"; "I look Forward to seeing you"
- Forward in time or order or degree; "from that time forth"; "from the sixth century onward"
- near or toward the bow of a ship or cockpit of a plane; "the captain went fore (or Forward) to check the instruments"
'Forward' in other languages
Get definition of Forward, Get synonyms of Forward and translate.Forward in Tamil | Forward in English | Forward in Arabic | Forward in Dutch | Forward in French | Forward in German | Forward in Greek | Forward in Hindi | Forward in Italian | Forward in Japanese | Forward in Korean | Forward in Malay | Forward in Norwegian | Forward in Portuguese | Forward in Russian | Forward in Spanish | Forward in Swedish | Forward in Chinese | Forward in Indonesian | Forward in Urdu | Forward in Bengali | Forward in Thai |
Forward - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Forward from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.