English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Force'
- an act of aggression (as one against a person who resists); "he may accomplish by craft in the long run what he cannot do by Force and violence in the short one"
- (of a law) having legal validity; "the law is still in effect"
- physical energy or intensity; "he hit with all the Force he could muster"; "it was destroyed by the strength of the gale"; "a government has not the vitality and Forcefulness of a living man"
- a powerful effect or influence; "the Force of his eloquence easily persuaded them"
- a unit that is part of some military service; "he sent Caesar a Force of six thousand men"
- a group of people having the power of effective action; "he joined Forces with a band of adventurers"
- group of people willing to obey orders; "a public Force is necessary to give security to the rights of citizens"
- one possessing or exercising power or influence or authority; "the mysterious presence of an evil power"; "may the Force be with you"; "the Forces of evil"
- (physics) the influence that produces a change in a physical quantity; "Force equals mass times acceleration"
- impose or thrust urgently, importunately, or inexorably; "She Forced her diet fads on him"
- do forcibly; exert Force; "Don''t Force it!"
- cause to move along the ground by pulling; "draw a wagon"; "pull a sled"
- Force into or from an action or state, either physically or metaphorically; "She rammed her mind into focus"; "He drives me mad"
- squeeze like a wedge into a tight space; "I squeezed myself into the corner"
- take by Force; "Storm the fort"
- urge or Force (a person) to an action; constrain or motivate
- move with Force, "He pushed the table into a corner"
- to cause to do through pressure or necessity, by physical, moral or intellectual means :"She Forced him to take a job in the city"; "He squeezed her for information"
'Force' in other languages
Get definition of Force, Get synonyms of Force and translate.Force in Tamil | Force in English | Force in Arabic | Force in Dutch | Force in French | Force in German | Force in Greek | Force in Hindi | Force in Italian | Force in Japanese | Force in Korean | Force in Malay | Force in Norwegian | Force in Portuguese | Force in Russian | Force in Spanish | Force in Swedish | Force in Chinese | Force in Indonesian | Force in Urdu | Force in Bengali | Force in Thai |
Force - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Force from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.