English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Father'
- God when considered as the first person in the Trinity; "hear our prayers, Heavenly Father"
- (Christianity) any of about 70 theologians in the period from the 2nd to the 7th century whose writing established and confirmed official church doctrine; in the Roman Catholic Church some were later declared saints and became Doctor of the Church; the be
- the head of an organized crime family
- a male parent (also used as a term of address to your Father); "his Father was born in Atlanta"
- `Father'' is a term of address for priests in some churches (especially the Roman Catholic Church or the Orthodox Catholic Church); `Padre'' is frequently used in the military
- a person who holds an important or distinguished position in some organization; "the tennis Fathers ruled in her favor"; "the city Fathers endorsed the proposal"
- the founder of a family; "keep the faith of our foreFathers"
- a person who founds or establishes some institution; "George Washington is the Father of his country"
- make children; "Abraham begot Isaac"; "Men often Father children but don''t recognize them"
'Father' in other languages
Get definition of Father, Get synonyms of Father and translate.Father in Tamil | Father in English | Father in Arabic | Father in Dutch | Father in French | Father in German | Father in Greek | Father in Hindi | Father in Italian | Father in Japanese | Father in Korean | Father in Malay | Father in Norwegian | Father in Portuguese | Father in Russian | Father in Spanish | Father in Swedish | Father in Chinese | Father in Indonesian | Father in Urdu | Father in Bengali | Father in Thai |
Father - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Father from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.