English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Cry'
- a fit of weeping; "had a good Cry"
- a loud utterance; often in protest or opposition; "the speaker was interrupted by loud cries from the rear of the audience"
- a loud utterance of emotion (especially when inarticulate); "a Cry of rage"; "a yell of pain"
- a slogan used to rally support for a cause; "a Cry to arms"; "our watchword will be `democracy''"
- the characteristic utterance of an animal; "animal cries filled the night"
- shed tears because of sadness, rage, or pain; "She cried bitterly when she heard the news of his death"; "The girl in the wheelchair wept with frustration when she could not get up the stairs"
- bring into a particular state by Crying; "The little boy cried himself to sleep"
- utter aloud; often with surprise, horror, or joy; "`I won!'' he exclaimed"; "`Help!'' she cried"; "`I''m here,'' the mother shouted when she saw her child looking lost"
- utter a sudden loud Cry; "she cried with pain when the doctor inserted the needle"; "I yelled to her from the window but she couldn''t hear me"
- proclaim or announce in public; "before we had newspapers, a town Cryer would Cry the news"; "He cried his merchandise in the market square"
- utter a characteristic sound; "The cat was Crying"
- demand immediate action; "This situation is Crying for attention"
'Cry' in other languages
Get definition of Cry, Get synonyms of Cry and translate.Cry in Tamil | Cry in English | Cry in Arabic | Cry in Dutch | Cry in French | Cry in German | Cry in Greek | Cry in Hindi | Cry in Italian | Cry in Japanese | Cry in Korean | Cry in Malay | Cry in Norwegian | Cry in Portuguese | Cry in Russian | Cry in Spanish | Cry in Swedish | Cry in Chinese | Cry in Indonesian | Cry in Urdu | Cry in Bengali | Cry in Thai |
Cry - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Cry from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.