English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Compound'
- an enclosure of residences and other building (especially in the Orient)
- a whole formed by a union of two or more elements or parts
- (chemistry) a substance formed by chemical union of two or more elements or ingredients in definite proportion by weight
- put or add together; "combine resources"
- make more intense, stronger, or more marked; "The efforts were intensified", "Her rudeness intensified his dislike for her"; "Potsmokers claim it heightens their awareness"; "This event only deepened my convictions"
- combine so as to form a whole; mix; "Compound the ingredients"
- create by mixing or combining
- calculate principal and interest
- of leaf shapes; of leaves composed of several similar parts or lobes
- composed of many distinct individuals united to form a whole or colony; "coral is a colonial organism"
- consisting of two or more substances or ingredients or elements or parts; "soap is a Compound substance"; "housetop is a Compound word"; "a blackberry is a Compound fruit"
'Compound' in other languages
Get definition of Compound, Get synonyms of Compound and translate.Compound in Tamil | Compound in English | Compound in Arabic | Compound in Dutch | Compound in French | Compound in German | Compound in Greek | Compound in Hindi | Compound in Italian | Compound in Japanese | Compound in Korean | Compound in Malay | Compound in Norwegian | Compound in Portuguese | Compound in Russian | Compound in Spanish | Compound in Swedish | Compound in Chinese | Compound in Indonesian | Compound in Urdu | Compound in Bengali | Compound in Thai |
Compound - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Compound from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.