English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Close'
- the concluding part of any performance
- the last section of a communication; "in conclusion I want to say..."
- the temporal end; the concluding time; "the stopping point of each round was signaled by a bell"; "the market was up at the finish"; "they were playing better at the Close of the season"
- finish a game in baseball by protecting a lead; "The relief pitcher Closed with two runs in the second inning"
- complete a business deal, negotiation, or an agreement; "We Closed on the house on Friday"; "They Closed the deal on the building"
- unite or bring into contact or bring together the edges of; "Close the circuit"; "Close a wound"
- move so that an opening or passage is obstructed; make shut; "Close the door"; "shut the window"
- become Closed; "The windows Closed with a loud bang"
- fill or stop up; "Can you Close the cracks with caulking?"
- bar access to; "Due to the accident, the road had to be Closed for several hours"
- bring together all the elements or parts of; "Management Closed ranks"
- draw near; "The probe Closed with the space station"
- come together, as if in an embrace; "Her arms Closed around her long lost relative"
- change one''s body stance so that the forward shoulder and foot are Closer to the intended point of impact
- cause a window or an application to disappear on a computer desktop
- engage at Close quarters; "Close with the enemy"
- finish or terminate (meetings, speeches, etc.); "The meeting was Closed with a charge by the chairman of the board"
- cease to operate or cause to cease operating; "The owners decided to move and to Close the factory"; "My business Closes every night at 8 P.M."
- come to a Close; "The concert Closed with a nocturne by Chopin"
- be priced or listed when trading stops; "The stock market Closed high this Friday"; "My new stocks Closed at $59 last night"
- marked by fidelity to an original; "a Close translation"; "a faithful copy of the portrait"; "a faithful rendering of the observed facts"
- rigorously attentive; strict and thorough; "Close supervision"; "paid Close attention"; "a Close study"; "kept a Close watch on expenditures"
- not far distant in time or space or degree or circumstances; "near neighbors"; "in the near future"; "they are near equals"; "his nearest approach to success"; "a very near thing"; "a near hit by the bomb"; "she was near tears"; "she was Close to tears";
- at or within a short distance in space or time or having elements near each other; "Close to noon"; "how Close are we to town?"; "a Close formation of ships"
- Close in relevance or relationship; "a Close family"; "we are all...in Close sympathy with..."; "Close kin"; "a Close resemblance"
- inclined to secrecy or reticence about divulging information; "although they knew her whereabouts her friends kept Close about it"
- crowded; "Close quarters"
- (of a contest or contestants) evenly matched; "a Close contest"; "a Close election"; "a tight game"
- giving or spending with reluctance; "our cheeseparing administration"; "very Close (or near) with his money"; "a penny-pinching miserly old man"
- used of hair or haircuts; "a Close military haircut"
- fitting Closely but comfortably; "a Close fit"
- confined to specific persons; "a Close secret"
- strictly confined or guarded; "kept under Close custody"
- of textiles; "a Close weave"; "smooth percale with a very tight weave"
- lacking fresh air; "a dusty airless attic"; "the dreadfully Close atmosphere"; "hot and stuffy and the air was blue with smoke"
- near in time or place or relationship; "as the wedding day drew near"; "stood near the door"; "don''t shoot until they come near"; "getting near to the true explanation"; "her mother is always near"; "The end draws nigh"; "the bullet didn''t come Close";
- in an attentive manner; "he remained Close on his guard"
'Close' in other languages
Get definition of Close, Get synonyms of Close and translate.Close in Tamil | Close in English | Close in Arabic | Close in Dutch | Close in French | Close in German | Close in Greek | Close in Hindi | Close in Italian | Close in Japanese | Close in Korean | Close in Malay | Close in Norwegian | Close in Portuguese | Close in Russian | Close in Spanish | Close in Swedish | Close in Chinese | Close in Indonesian | Close in Urdu | Close in Bengali | Close in Thai |
Close - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Close from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.