English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Charge'
- a special assignment that is given to a person or group; "a confidential mission to London"; "his Charge was deliver a message"
- attention and management implying responsibility for safety; "he is in the care of a bodyguard"
- a impetuous rush toward someone or something; "the wrestler''s Charge carried him past his adversary"; "the battle began with a cavalry Charge"
- a quantity of explosive to be set off at one time; "this cartridge has a powder Charge of 50 grains"
- heraldry consisting of a design or image depicted on a shield
- (criminal law) a pleading describing some wrong or offense; "he was arrested on a Charge of larceny"
- an assertion that someone is guilty of a fault or offence; "the newspaper published Charges that Jones was guilty of drunken driving"
- a formal statement of a command or injunction to do something; "the judge''s Charge to the jury"
- request for payment of a debt; "they submitted their Charges at the end of each month"
- the swift release of a store of affective force; "they got a great bang out of it"; "what a boot!"; "he got a quick rush from injecting heroin"; "he does it for kicks"
- (psychoanalysis) the libidinal energy invested in some idea or person or object; "Freud thought of cathexis as a psychic analog of an electrical Charge"
- a person committed to your care; "the teacher led her Charges across the street"
- the quantity of unbalanced electricity in a body (either positive or negative) and construed as an excess or deficiency of electrons; "the battery needed a fresh Charge"
- the price Charged for some article or service; "the admission Charge"
- financial liabilities (such as a tax); "the Charges against the estate"
- saturate; "The room was Charged with tension and anxiety"
- energize a battery by passing a current through it in the direction opposite to disCharge; "I need to Charge my car battery"
- cause formation of a net electrical Charge in or on; "Charge a conductor"
- set or ask for a certain price; "How much do you Charge for lunch?"; "This fellow Charges $100 for a massage"
- attribute responsibility to; "We blamed the accident on her"; "The tragedy was Charged to her inexperience"
- instruct or command with authority; "The teacher Charged the children to memorize the poem"
- instruct (a jury) about the law, its application, and the weighing of evidence
- impose a task upon, assign a responsibility to; "He Charged her with cleaning up all the files over the weekend"
- blame for, make a claim of wrongdoing or misbehavior against; "he Charged me director with indifference"
- make an accusatory claim; "The defense attorney Charged that the jurors were biased"
- file a formal Charge against; "The suspect was Charged with murdering his wife"
- to make a rush at or sudden attack upon, as in battle; "he saw Jess charging at him with a pitchfork"
- direct into a position for use; "point a gun"; "He Charged his weapon at me"
- fill or load to capacity; "Charge the wagon with hay"
- provide with munition; "He loaded his gun carefully"
- place a heraldic bearing on; "Charge all weapons, shields, and banners"
- cause to be agitated, excited, or roused; "The speaker Charged up the crowd with his inflammatory remarks"
- lie down on command, of hunting dogs
- move quickly and violently; "The car tore down the street"; "He came charging into my office"
- pay with a credit card; pay with plastic money; postpone payment by recording a purchase as a debt; "Will you pay cash or Charge the purchase?"
- demand payment; "Will I get Charged for this service?"; "We were billed for 4 nights in the hotel, although we stayed only 3 nights"
- enter a certain amount as a Charge; "he Charged me $15"
- give over to another for care or safekeeping; "consign your baggage"
- cause to be admitted; of persons to an institution; "After the second episode, she had to be committed"; "he was committed to prison"
- assign a duty, responsibility or obligation to; "He was appointed deputy manager"; "She was Charged with supervising the creation of a concordance"
'Charge' in other languages
Get definition of Charge, Get synonyms of Charge and translate.Charge in Tamil | Charge in English | Charge in Arabic | Charge in Dutch | Charge in French | Charge in German | Charge in Greek | Charge in Hindi | Charge in Italian | Charge in Japanese | Charge in Korean | Charge in Malay | Charge in Norwegian | Charge in Portuguese | Charge in Russian | Charge in Spanish | Charge in Swedish | Charge in Chinese | Charge in Indonesian | Charge in Urdu | Charge in Bengali | Charge in Thai |
Charge - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Charge from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.