English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Chain'
- a series of (usually metal) rings or links fitted into one another to make a flexible ligament
- a necklace made by a stringing objects together; "a string of beads"; "a strand of pearls";
- anything that acts as a restraint
- metal shackles; for hands or legs
- a number of similar establishments (stores or restaurants or banks or hotels or theaters) under one ownership
- a series of things depending on each other as if linked together; "the Chain of command"; "a complicated concatenation of circumstances"
- (chemistry) a series of linked atoms (generally in an organic molecule)
- a series of hills or mountains; "the valley was between two ranges of hills"; "the plains lay just beyond the mountain range"
- British biochemist (born in Germany) who isolated and purified penicillin, which had been discovered in 1928 by Sir Alexander Fleming (1906-1979)
- a unit of length
- fasten or secure with Chains; "Chain the chairs together"
- connect or arrange into a Chain by linking
'Chain' in other languages
Get definition of Chain, Get synonyms of Chain and translate.Chain in Tamil | Chain in English | Chain in Arabic | Chain in Dutch | Chain in French | Chain in German | Chain in Greek | Chain in Hindi | Chain in Italian | Chain in Japanese | Chain in Korean | Chain in Malay | Chain in Norwegian | Chain in Portuguese | Chain in Russian | Chain in Spanish | Chain in Swedish | Chain in Chinese | Chain in Indonesian | Chain in Urdu | Chain in Bengali | Chain in Thai |
Chain - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Chain from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.