English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Calm'
- steadiness of mind under stress; "he accepted their problems with composure and she with equanimity"
- cause to be Calm or quiet as by administering a sedative to; "The patient must be sedated before the operation"
- make steady; "steady yourself"
- become quiet or Calm, especially after a state of agitation; "After the fight both men need to cool off."; "It took a while after the baby was born for things to settle down again."
- make Calm or still; "quiet the dragons of worry and fear"
- marked by freedom from agitation or excitement; "the rioters gradually became Calm and slowly dispersed"
- (of weather) free from storm or wind; "Calm seas"
- not agitated; without losing self-possession; "spoke in a Calm voice"; "remained Calm throughout the uproar"
- characterized by absence of emotional agitation; "Calm acceptance of the inevitable"; "remained serene in the midst of turbulence"; "a serene expression on her face"; "she became more tranquil"; "tranquil life in the country"
'Calm' in other languages
Get definition of Calm, Get synonyms of Calm and translate.Calm in Tamil | Calm in English | Calm in Arabic | Calm in Dutch | Calm in French | Calm in German | Calm in Greek | Calm in Hindi | Calm in Italian | Calm in Japanese | Calm in Korean | Calm in Malay | Calm in Norwegian | Calm in Portuguese | Calm in Russian | Calm in Spanish | Calm in Swedish | Calm in Chinese | Calm in Indonesian | Calm in Urdu | Calm in Bengali | Calm in Thai |
Calm - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Calm from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.