English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Black'
- Black clothing (worn as a sign of mourning); "the widow wore Black"
- (board games) the darker pieces
- the quality or state of the achromatic color of least lightness (bearing the least resemblance to white)
- a person with dark skin who comes from Africa (or whose ancestors came from Africa)
- popular child actress of the 1930''s (born 1927)
- British chemist who identified carbon dioxide and who formulated the concepts of specific heat and latent heat (1728-1799)
- total absence of light; "they fumbled around in total darkness"; "in the Black of night"
- make or become Black; "The smoke Blackened the ceiling"; "The ceiling Blackened"
- marked by anger or resentment or hostility; "Black looks"; "Black words"
- of or belonging to a racial group having dark skin especially of sub-Saharan African origin; "a great people--a Black people--...injected new meaning and dignity into the veins of civilization"- Martin Luther King Jr.
- extremely dark; "a Black moonless night"; "through the pitch-Black woods"; "it was pitch-dark in the celler"
- being of the achromatic color of maximum darkness; having little or no hue owing to absorption of almost all incident light; "Black leather jackets"; "as Black as coal"; "rich Black soil"
- (of the face) made Black especially as with suffused blood; "a face Black with fury"
- soiled with dirt or soot; "with feet Black from playing outdoors"; "his shirt was Black within an hour"
- dressed in Black; "a Black knight"; "Black friars"
- (of coffee) without cream or sugar
- (of events) having extremely unfortunate or dire consequences; bringing ruin; "the stock market crashed on Black Friday"; "a calamitous defeat"; "the battle was a disastrous end to a disastrous campaign"; "such doctrines, if true, would be absolutely fata
- stemming from evil characteristics or forces; wicked or dishonorable; "Black deeds"; "a Black lie"; "his Black heart has concocted yet another Black deed"; "Darth Vader of the dark side"; "a dark purpose"; "dark undercurrents of ethnic hostility"; "the sc
- (used of conduct or character) deserving or bringing disgrace or shame; "Man...has written one of his Blackest records as a destroyer on the oceanic islands"- Rachel Carson; "an ignominious retreat"; "inglorious defeat"; "an opprobrious monument to human
- offering little or no hope; "the future looked Black"; "prospects were bleak"; "Life in the Aran Islands has always been bleak and difficult"- J.M.Synge; "took a dim view of things"
- distributed or sold illicitly; "the Black economy pays no taxes"
- (of intelligence operations) deliberately misleading; "Black propaganda"
- harshly ironic or sinister; "Black humor"; "a grim joke"; "grim laughter"; "fun ranging from slapstick clowning ... to savage mordant wit"
'Black' in other languages
Get definition of Black, Get synonyms of Black and translate.Black in Tamil | Black in English | Black in Arabic | Black in Dutch | Black in French | Black in German | Black in Greek | Black in Hindi | Black in Italian | Black in Japanese | Black in Korean | Black in Malay | Black in Norwegian | Black in Portuguese | Black in Russian | Black in Spanish | Black in Swedish | Black in Chinese | Black in Indonesian | Black in Urdu | Black in Bengali | Black in Thai |
Black - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Black from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.