English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Bell'
- a hollow device made of metal that makes a ringing sound when struck
- the flared opening of a tubular device
- a percussion instrument consisting of vertical metal tubes of different lengths that are struck with a hammer
- a push button at an outer door that gives a ringing or buzzing signal when pushed
- the sound of a Bell being struck; "saved by the Bell"; "she heard the distant toll of church Bells"
- United States inventor (born in Scotland) of the telephone (1847-1922)
- English painter; sister of Virginia Woolf; prominent member of the Bloomsbury Group (1879-1961)
- a phonetician and father of Alexander Graham Bell (1819-1905)
- the shape of a Bell
- (nautical) each of the eight half-hour units of nautical time signaled by strokes of a ship''s Bell; eight Bells signals 4:00, 8:00, or 12:00 o''clock, either a.m. or p.m.
- attach a Bell to; "Bell cows"
'Bell' in other languages
Get definition of Bell, Get synonyms of Bell and translate.Bell in Tamil | Bell in English | Bell in Arabic | Bell in Dutch | Bell in French | Bell in German | Bell in Greek | Bell in Hindi | Bell in Italian | Bell in Japanese | Bell in Korean | Bell in Malay | Bell in Norwegian | Bell in Portuguese | Bell in Russian | Bell in Spanish | Bell in Swedish | Bell in Chinese | Bell in Indonesian | Bell in Urdu | Bell in Bengali | Bell in Thai |
Bell - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Bell from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.