English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Begin'
- Israeli statesman (born in Russia) who (as prime minister of Israel) negotiated a peace treaty with Anwar Sadat (then the president of Egypt) (1913-1992)
- take the first step or steps in carrying out an action; "We began working at dawn"; "Who will start?"; "Get working as soon as the sun rises!"; "The first tourists began to arrive in Cambodia"; "He began early in the day"; "Let''s get down to work now"
- set in motion, cause to start; "The U.S. started a war in the Middle East"; "The Iraqis began hostilities"; "Begin a new chapter in your life"
- Begin to speak or say; "Now listen, friends," he began
- Begin to speak, understand, read, and write a language; "She began Russian at an early age"; "We started French in fourth grade"
- achieve or accomplish in the least degree, usually used in the negative; "This economic measure doesn''t even Begin to deal with the problem of inflation"; "You cannot even Begin to understand the problem we had to deal with during the war"
- Begin an event that is implied and limited by the nature or inherent function of the direct object; "Begin a cigar"; "She started the soup while it was still hot"; "We started physics in 10th grade"
- have a Beginning, in a temporal, spatial, or evaluative sense; "The DMZ Begins right over the hill"; "The second movement Begins after the Allegro"; "Prices for these homes start at $250,000"
- have a Beginning characterized in some specified way; "The novel Begins with a murder"; "My property Begins with the three maple trees"; "Her day Begins with a work-out"; "The semester Begins with a convocation ceremony"
- have a Beginning, of a temporal event; "WWII began in 1939 when Hitler marched into Poland"; "The company''s Asia tour Begins next month"
- be the first item or point, constitute the Beginning or start, come first in a series; "The number ''one'' Begins the sequence"; "A terrible murder Begins the novel"; "The convocation ceremoney officially Begins the semester"
'Begin' in other languages
Get definition of Begin, Get synonyms of Begin and translate.Begin in Tamil | Begin in English | Begin in Arabic | Begin in Dutch | Begin in French | Begin in German | Begin in Greek | Begin in Hindi | Begin in Italian | Begin in Japanese | Begin in Korean | Begin in Malay | Begin in Norwegian | Begin in Portuguese | Begin in Russian | Begin in Spanish | Begin in Swedish | Begin in Chinese | Begin in Indonesian | Begin in Urdu | Begin in Bengali | Begin in Thai |
Begin - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Begin from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.