English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Bed'
- a piece of furniture that provides a place to sleep; "he sat on the edge of the Bed"; "the room had only a Bed and chair"
- a plot of ground in which plants are growing; "the gardener planted a Bed of roses"
- a foundation of earth or rock supporting a road or railroad track; "the track Bed had washed away"
- the flat surface of a printing press on which the type form is laid in the last stage of producing a newspaper or magazine or book etc.
- single thickness of usually some homogeneous substance; "slices of hard-boiled egg on a Bed of spinach"
- a stratum of ore or coal thick enough to be mined with profit; "he worked in the coal Beds"
- a depression forming the ground under a body of water; "he searched for treasure on the ocean Bed"
- (geology) a stratum of rock (especially sedimentary rock); "they found a Bed of standstone"
- go to Bed in order to sleep; "I usually turn in at midnight"; "He turns out at the crack of dawn"
- have sexual intercourse with; "This student sleeps with everyone in her dorm"; "Adam knew Eve"; "Were you ever intimate with this man?"
- put to Bed; "The children were Bedded at ten o''clock"
- place (plants) in a prepared Bed of soil
- furnish with a Bed; "The inn keeper could Bed all the new arrivals"
'Bed' in other languages
Get definition of Bed, Get synonyms of Bed and translate.Bed in Tamil | Bed in English | Bed in Arabic | Bed in Dutch | Bed in French | Bed in German | Bed in Greek | Bed in Hindi | Bed in Italian | Bed in Japanese | Bed in Korean | Bed in Malay | Bed in Norwegian | Bed in Portuguese | Bed in Russian | Bed in Spanish | Bed in Swedish | Bed in Chinese | Bed in Indonesian | Bed in Urdu | Bed in Bengali | Bed in Thai |
Bed - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Bed from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.