English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Back'
- the position of a player on a football team who is stationed behind the line of scrimmage
- a support that you can lean against while sitting; "the Back of the dental chair was adjustable"
- the part of a garment that covers your Back; "they pinned a `kick me'' sign on his Back"
- the front and Back covering of a book; "the book had a leather binding"
- the side that goes last or is not normally seen; "he wrote the date on the Back of the photograph"
- the posterior part of a human (or animal) body from the neck to the end of the spine; "his Back was nicely tanned"
- the series of vertebrae forming the axis of the skeleton and protecting the spinal cord; "the fall broke his Back"
- the part of something that is furthest from the normal viewer; "he stood at the Back of the stage"; "it was hidden in the rear of the store"
- (football) a person who plays in the Backfield
- strengthen by providing with a Back or Backing
- establish as valid or genuine; "Can you Back up your claims?"
- shift to a counterclockwise direction; "the wind Backed"
- place a bet on; "Which horse are you Backing?"; "I''m betting on the new horse"
- travel Backward; "Back into the driveway"; "The car Backed up and hit the tree"
- cause to travel Backward; "Back the car into the parking spot"
- support financial Backing for; "Back this enterprise"
- be behind; approve of; "He plumped for the Labor Party"; "I Backed Kennedy in 1960"
- give support or one''s approval to; "I''ll second that motion"; "I can''t Back this plan"; "endorse a new project"
- be in Back of; "My garage Backs their yard"
- in or to or toward a past time; "set the clocks Back an hour"; "never look Back"; "lovers of the past looking fondly Backward"
- at or to or toward the Back or rear; "he moved Back"; "tripped when he stepped Backward"; "she looked rearward out the window of the car"
- in repayment or retaliation; "we paid Back everything we had borrowed"; "he hit me and I hit him Back"; "I was kept in after school for talking Back to the teacher"
- in or to or toward a former location; "she went Back to her parents'' house"
- in or to or toward an original condition; "he went Back to sleep"
- in answer; "he wrote Back three days later"; "had little to say in reply to the questions"
'Back' in other languages
Get definition of Back, Get synonyms of Back and translate.Back in Tamil | Back in English | Back in Arabic | Back in Dutch | Back in French | Back in German | Back in Greek | Back in Hindi | Back in Italian | Back in Japanese | Back in Korean | Back in Malay | Back in Norwegian | Back in Portuguese | Back in Russian | Back in Spanish | Back in Swedish | Back in Chinese | Back in Indonesian | Back in Urdu | Back in Bengali | Back in Thai |
Back - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Back from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.