English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Apply'
- ask (for something); "He applied for a leave of absence"; "She applied for college"; "Apply for a job"
- refer (a word or name) to a person or thing; "He applied this racial slur to me!"
- put into service; make work or employ (something) for a particular purpose or for its inherent or natural purpose; "use your head!"; "we only use Spanish at home"; "I can''t make use of this tool"; "Apply a magnetic field here"; "This thinking was applied
- Apply to a surface; "She applied paint to the back of the house"; "Put on make-up!"
- give or convey physically; "She gave him First Aid"; "I gave him a punch in the nose"
- ensure observance of laws and rules; "Apply the rules to everyone";
- avail oneself to; "Apply a principle"; "practice a religion"; "use care when going down the stairs"; "use your common sense"; "practice non-violent resistance"
- Apply oneself to; "Please Apply yourself to your homework"
- be pertinent or relevant or applicable; "The same laws Apply to you!"; "This theory holds for all irrational numbers"; "The same rules go for everyone"
- be applicable to; as to an analysis; "This theory lends itself well to our new data"
'Apply' in other languages
Get definition of Apply, Get synonyms of Apply and translate.Apply in Tamil | Apply in English | Apply in Arabic | Apply in Dutch | Apply in French | Apply in German | Apply in Greek | Apply in Hindi | Apply in Italian | Apply in Japanese | Apply in Korean | Apply in Malay | Apply in Norwegian | Apply in Portuguese | Apply in Russian | Apply in Spanish | Apply in Swedish | Apply in Chinese | Apply in Indonesian | Apply in Urdu | Apply in Bengali | Apply in Thai |
Apply - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Apply from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.