English - Sinhala Dictionary
DESCRIPTIONS for 'Accent'
- a diacritical mark used to indicate stress or placed above a vowel to indicate a special pronunciation
- the relative prominence of a syllable or musical note (especially with regard to stress or pitch); "he put the stress on the wrong syllable"
- distinctive manner of oral expression; "he couldn''t suppress his contemptuous Accent"; "she had a very clear speech pattern"
- the usage or vocabulary that is characteristic of a specific group of people; "the immigrants spoke an odd dialect of English"; "he has a strong German Accent"
- special importance or significance; "the red light gave the central figure increased emphasis"; "the room was decorated in shades of gray with distinctive red Accents"
- put stress on; utter with an Accent; "In Farsi, you Accent the last syllable of each word"
- to stress, single out as important; "Dr. Jones emphasizes exercise in addition to a change in diet"
'Accent' in other languages
Get definition of Accent, Get synonyms of Accent and translate.Accent in Tamil | Accent in English | Accent in Arabic | Accent in Dutch | Accent in French | Accent in German | Accent in Greek | Accent in Hindi | Accent in Italian | Accent in Japanese | Accent in Korean | Accent in Malay | Accent in Norwegian | Accent in Portuguese | Accent in Russian | Accent in Spanish | Accent in Swedish | Accent in Chinese | Accent in Indonesian | Accent in Urdu | Accent in Bengali | Accent in Thai |
Accent - English - Sinhala Online Dictionary. English-Sinhala-English Multilingual Dictionary. Translate From English into Sinhala. www.lankadictionary.com is a free service Sinhala Meaning of Accent from English.Special Thanks to all Sinhala Dictionarys including Malalasekara, Kapruka, MaduraOnline, Trilingualdictionary. Improve your language knowledge, education and move forward with www.lankadictionary.com.